1 615 595 1717
We specialize in Service and Repair of the highest quality recording studio mics
The New MS47 Mark II
The new MS47 Mark II is a future proof design using no endangered tubes or other parts. The E81CC (aka 12AT7, ECC81) can be easily found and various NOS versions can be used if preferred. The circuit is proprietary and unlike other more common designs. It yields lower noise, distortion, and output impedance than garden variety tube circuits. All components have been chosen by ear. Previously, our microphones have been produced in very small numbers, and most are owned by a select few of Nashville's and the world's finest studios, artists, engineers, and producers. The Mark II design exceeds the performance of our EF14 design and enables us to produce a greater number of consistent high quality microphones.
• Siegfried Thiersch M7 capsule
• Custom Haufe BV8 output transformer
• NOS Siemens E81CC Vacuum Tube
• Handmade point to point construction
• Fully regulated Peak Power PSU
• Mogami Tube Microphone Cable with Neutrik XLR connectors
• Pelican case with molded interior
• Shock mount
Mics For Sale
● An M-49!!! These are my personal favorite Neumanns. It has a sonic "bigness" and clarity that is second to none! Its a slightly more gentle U-47.
This one comes with a rare Neumann "Yoke" for hanging the mic. It has its box and a BRAND NEW AC-701!! $8,800 complete and gorgeous!
● Here's that CK-4 you've been looking for complete with A.K.G. BRASS CK-12 capsule
mounted on an A.K.G. C-61 tube mic amplifier with cable and Peak Power regulated power supply, inexpensive C-12.
● A great Pair of C-12a's! They are in lovely condition and come with a dual carrying case. We've put "tails" on the mics for easy mounting and positioning. They come with 2 separate PSU's with pattern controls. $6,500/pair
● U-64's! How 'bout a GREAT pair of U-64's? These are super sweet! They come complete with Neumann boxes and dual Neumann PSU and clips! $3,900/pair
● TLM-172! Here's something new and different. This is a TLM-170 with a U-47 capsule instead of the boring U-89 capsule. The marriage is sublime. Bottom - clarity, monsterous! A GREAT kick mic - a sweet vocal mic, stacks up nicely to a U-47!!! With box. $2,800
● KM-848! This is one of only 10 prototypes of this model. This could be defined as a transformerless KM-84. Sounds just like a KM-84! $1,200
● We're now also making the
MS-12 that out C-12's any C-12!!! These are super hot looking and sounding. They're only $4,950 complete and are guaranteed to please.
● If you have a C-12a with a bad connector/hanger you might want to change it out with this nifty 6 pin XLR job It makes everything nice and solid!!! $225 done!
● We are now re-building all older Neumann mic power supplies. Including changing the East German Neumann (Neumann Gefell) AC transformers to 110 volt Haufe transformers. Call for info!
● If your M-149 or M-147 is noisy we can help. We re-tube them with a MUCH better tube than was originally used by Neumann. They'll be quiet and stay quiet for a long time. $375 + return shipping
● Does your U-47 sound thin or crappy? Do you have a "" VF-14 tube lying around? We're likely to be able to help. We've successfully rejuvinated a number of "bad" VF-14's. You pay only if we're sucessful.
Here are some mics that we've owned - these are NOT for sale (sorry)
POWER SUPPLIES &
CABLES for your TUBE MICROPHONES!
Call 615/595-1717 or FAX 615/595-1718
Here are some microphonic thoughts for you!
A Special note for you U-87 owners
Peak Power power supplies
We have many
around the world.
Take a Microphone to Lunch!
Pictures of my dog - Sydney!
If there's something specific you're looking for, please E-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org